Saturday, November 20, 2010

CD / DVD DRIVE STEPPER MOTOR WIRE LABELING

CD /DVD DRIVE STEPPER MOTOR LABELING

Recently I have been experimenting with many DVD drive stepper motors and I found it to be same as that one if floppy drive labeling. The stepper motor in DVD/CD drive are exactly same as that of the floppy drive. The only difference is that they are not hybrid stepper motor. The stepper motor in the DVD drive are standard 4- wire stepper motor.
The labeling for the wires are exactly same as that one I mentioned in my previous post here.
Get some old DVD drive from vendor and after dismantling it you can get a good lens that can be used for some laser game gun melting some balloon, a DC motor and 2 stepper motor .One small stepper motor for panning of the drive tray and one for running the disk.

Both stepper motor inside the DVD are 4 –wire stepper. Labeling same as FDD, one comm and rest as U ,V , W.

Thank you.
Keep reading.


2 comments:

  1. Great Effort, please i wanna contact you as soon as possible, my mail is : hala.mohamed.elwazery@gmail.com

    i'm working on my graduation project and i'm really face disasters not problems ;).

    hope to respond quickly :).
    thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry for replying a bit late. How can I Help?

    ReplyDelete